Mould Release Agent
MLRG is an aqueous Poly (Ethenol) solution.
Appearance: Clear water white solution
% Solid: 15±1
% Hydrolysis: 98-99
Viscosity in pois at 30ºC on brook: Field Viscometer RVT model spindle No.4, 20 RPM: 50-90
It forms a clear film which is impermeable to all kinds of gases except water vapor. Poly(Ethenol) film is unaffected by animal and vegetable oils, greases and petroleum hydrocarbons
- MLRG is an excellent adhesive for bonding paper to paper and paper to glass.
- MLRG offers paper manufacturers a water soluble resin which is useful in strengthening, transparentizing, grease proofing, gas proofing and otherwise improving qualities of paper products. Conventional sizing and coating equipment can be used to apply this solution to paper. Generally 3 to 4% solutuion is applied. Coated papers give better appearance and better printing qualities.
- It is used in textile warp sizing and gives yarn high tensile strength, good adhesion and imroved abrasion resistance. It can also be used in finishing of textile fabrics.
- It can be used for making stencil screens. When ammonium dichromate is added in Poly (Ethenol) solution, film formed if exposed to ultraviolet light becomes insoluble. This property is utilised in the preparation of stencil screens and photo – lithographic printing plates.
- Ceramics: As little as 1% of MLRG based on the dry weight of clay improves the working characteristics of the clay and reduces breakages in flat china ware.
- It can be uses as a mould release agent in casting polyester and epoxy resins.
- It is used as a temporary adhesives for fixing cloth on belt in screen printing automatic machines.
- MLRG can be used as an additive of Poly (Ethenol) emulsions to increase trhe drying time of adhesive. Addition will also improve wet tack of the product.